web site by Bower Web Solutions Inc.
|This Is An Educational Web Site Only
||Tel: 201.575.2251Fax: 973.962.6313
52 Tips for Losing
A Tip a Week
- Eliminate one tablespoon of fat a day and you will lose 10 pounds
in a year.
- Avoid strange fad diets-if you can't eat that way for the rest
of your life, don't waste your time or your health.
- Limit alcohol-each serving contains 100 to150 calories.
- Eat fruit at least twice a day.
- Keep a food diary about your food choices, indicating how hungry
you are each time you eat. Pay particular attention to your level
of hunger when you snack.
- Perform aerobic exercise a minimum of 30 minutes three times
a week. Log this on your food diary. Gradually increase the length
and frequency of your workouts.
- Weigh yourself no more than twice a week.
- Give yourself a non-food reward for every 5 pounds lost.
- Slow down your eating speed-make meals last at least 20 minutes.
Try eating with the other hand or taking a sip of water between
- Use smaller plates.
- Bring your lunch to work at least three times a week.
- Start to strength train twice a week. Building muscle increases
your metabolism and forces your body to use fat, not muscle, when
you're cutting back on calories.
- Stop eating while watching television.
- Have someone else put away leftovers.
- Buy a good low-fat, low-calorie cookbook or magazine subscription.
- Try two new reduced-calorie recipes a month.
- Eat breakfast daily.
- Don't read while eating.
- Have a sweet treat once a week.
- Keep healthful snacks at home and at work.
- Limit your cheese consumption to reduce fat and saturated fat
-- use cheese and lunchmeat with less than 5 grams of fat per
- Add calorie counting or fat-gram counting to your food diary
for a few weeks if your weight loss is slowing down. Maybe you're
- Substitute herbs and spices for salt.
- Shop for food when you are not hungry, and use a shopping list.
- Replace ground beef with ground turkey or soy crumbles in dishes
such as spaghetti. Don't skip the protein in your meals; find
a leaner substitute.
- Eat three vegetables a day.
- Always eat sitting down.
- Request that your family and friends respect your efforts to
lose weight and get fit- beware of loving "sabotage."
- Take a walk when you're stressed or angry.
- Eat two dairy products a day- be aware of your calcium intake.
Select low-fat or nonfat dairy products to reduce fat calories.
- Order dressings and sauces on the side and apply them with
- Increase your fiber intake- chose whole-grain breads, cereals
and pasta products, legumes, and raw fruits and vegetables.
- Add slow-down food to your meals- crunchy vegetables, a large
glass of water, hot soup or beverages, or fresh fruit to fill
- Cook with chicken broth, nonstick cooking spray, wine or water.
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
- Shrink portion sizes of meats and starches, and pile on the
- Ask how the food is prepared when ordering in a restaurant.
- Choose low-fat frozen yogurt or frozen juice bars instead of
ice cream. Be careful of the portion size-these foods still have
- Select clear broth- or tomato-based soups over white soups.
- Keep the junk foods out of sight in your home and workplace.
- Take walking shoes or a jump rope with you when you travel
to keep up with your exercise.
- If you’re getting off track, try to pre-plan your food
intake for the next three days by writing it down.
- Buy frozen diet dinners with 10 grams of fat or less and 800
milligrams of sodium or less.
- Avoid batter coating or breading.
- Use two egg whites in baking instead of one whole egg.
- Stretch during television commercials -- arm circles, leg lifts,
head tilts, etc.
- Eliminate the butter on your rolls or popcorn.
- Learn to say "no" gracefully when a friend or relative
offers you a second helping.
- Choose pizza with vegetable toppings rather than high-fat meats,
such as sausage and pepperoni. Ask for less cheese. Have you ever
tried tomato pie?
- Choose cooking techniques that keep fat to a minimum, such
as baking, grilling, broiling, roasting or steaming.
- Add more low-fat soy products to your diet for the soy protein
and health benefits.
- Forgive yourself when you slip-and make the next food choice
a healthy one.
Our chiropractic office educates our patients in lifestyle changes that compliment their spinal care. Chiropractic spinal adjustments strengthen areas of the spine and restore impaired nerve flow. Subluxations occur when vertebra misalign irritating delicate spinal nerves. Spinal adjustments remove the nerve pressure and restore function to the body. Chiropractic spinal adjustments by our chiropractors help you live your life to its fullest through a properly functioning nervous system. When your nervous system is functioning properly you express life to your fullest. Chiropractic spinal adjustments enable you to express your God given health potential and to live your life to fullest capabilities. Neck pain, back pain, sciatica, reduced immunity, ear infections, decreased energy, stomach disorders, asthma, allergies, sinus problems, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, shoulder problems, sports injuries, spinal disc degeneration, osteoarthritis, numbness, pain, are just some of the signs of improper function in the body and conditions that benefit from Chiropractic spinal adjustments. Don't delay and wait for a spinal problem to develop before you seek out Chiropractic care. Get a Chiropractic spinal adjustment and deal with the cause of your problems rather than masking it with medications which often deal just with the symptoms. Whether you are feel great and want to ensure a healthy and fully functional future or if you are in pain and seek the safe and effective proven results of Chiropractic spinal adjustments, you owe it to yourself to have a spinal check up and to start down the healthy road of lifetime Chiropractic care.